skip to Main Content

Warnings for electrical safety at home


Electricity has made our lives easier than ever, but there are also many ways in which it can harm us. It is therefore important to heed electrical safety warnings. In fact, everyone in the home should be aware of safety tips because we all use electrical appliances on a daily basis.

Know the main cause of electrical fires

One of the main causes of electrical fires is damaged wiring or faulty electrical equipment. Lamps, cables, plugs and power supplies are often victims of electrical fires due to faulty wiring. The first safety tip is to replace damaged wires. If you see an exposed wire or one without insulation, cover it with insulating tape.

Do not overload sockets

Every socket outlet has a certain capacity to deliver electricity. If too many devices are plugged into it, there is a possibility of an explosion. To avoid this scenario, never overload an outlet beyond its capacity.

Avoid the use of extension cords

A shortage of electrical switches and sockets can lead to the excessive use of extension cords in a home. Excessive use of extension cords should be avoided because they can cause injury. In addition, the socket to which the extension cord is connected can be damaged. The safety tip is to replace the use of extension cords with the installation of new sockets.

Always avoid splashing water

Water is an excellent conductor of electricity. If water spray gets into a socket, an electrical fire can occur. For this reason, if sockets are located in a place near possible exposure to water, they should not be used. However, if sockets get wet, they should be removed immediately.

Ensure that exhaust fans are clean

Some electrical appliances are equipped with exhaust fans to reduce the temperature of the appliance. Over time, debris accumulates on them, making it more difficult for the fans to operate. Because of this, the likelihood of overheating increases.

Emergency Electrician in London is your right contact partner, whenever the electrical issues occur at your home or business. After your call, we send immediately a licensed electrician to fix the issue. Furthermore, we are 24 hours available.

This Post Has 0 Comments

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *